Re: [K12OSN] Accelerated Reader ... how about "TuxSuperReader" ?

Stu,

I have tried without any success. I get the splash screen to come up but
AR locks up when I get to the log-on screen. This is on my list of
things to tinker with over the summer. We use AR, Star, and Accelerated
Math. If there was a way to get this to work on k12 I would have an darn
good chance to get the funding to move terminals into the classrooms.

I have talked to Advantage Learning Systems during the FETC  about a
Linux port but I get a very cool response.

I have also thought that an Open Source web based alternative would be
quite feasible. Someting like "OpenReader" or "TuxSupperReader" Maybe
using MySQL and PHP. My wife is an english teacher / librarian and has
made quite a few tests and inserted them into AR. The general consensus
is that her tests are better than some of the ones AR provides. An
friend of mine came up with a great idea. For test submittal.

I think one possible road block to an OSS ver is comming up with a way
to discourage plagerism / copyright violations while creating tests. But
there are only so many questions you can ask about "Charolettes Web"
etc.