Re: [K12OSN] Linux vs. Novell (Can you help?)

This sounds very similar to how I worked out the problem of
authenticating X terminals to an NT network before Samba was able to do
so.  I ended up creating many generic users, however, in order to deal
with permissions (otherwise any user could access any other user's
mounted home directory).  Having many generic users also allowed me to
keep all the linux configuration stuff out of their NT home directories
(nice because users continue to login on NT workstations as well as the
X terms).

All the scripts I used, as well as a flowchart showing how they all fit
together are available at:
http://www.levindustries.com/xterm/

You might especially be interested in
/etc/X11/gdm/PreSession/login_script