[K12OSN] xWindows error: No screens found

Hello All,

After having immediate success with the K12LTSP distro on the first server-client test that I ran, I have been unable to get xWindows to start on any other machine. The other boxes that I have tried are using pretty standard hardware (3Com ethernet cards, ATi PIC Mach64 or S3 video cards) and the same monitor as the working client. I have tried swapping the video cards from the working to the non-working boxes, tried the onboard video on some, used the same monitor, used different monitors...all to no avail. All of the other machines boot via DHCP from the boot disk and start up just fine until the 'flicker of death' starts...and ends with the message: "No screens found." Any ideas?

Joe

+____+____+____+____+____+____+ Joseph Morelock Instructional Media Services Director Canby High School morelocj canby k12 or us 503.266.5811, x1008