Re: [K12OSN] Tape drive....does it need an entry in fstab ?

My understanding is that the fstab is for block devices only, whereas tape
drives are raw devices. Hence 'tar'ing directly to to /dev/nst0 (or
whatever) rather than a mount point.
Somebody more knowledgeble, please correct me if I'm grieviously wrong here.

-Dan Young
-Parkrose School District