RE: [K12OSN] Adding a second processor

Hi Tom,

Try the following URL

http://www.compaq.com/support/techpubs/QRG/

This will give you access to the Compaq Quick reference guides. These are the technician's bible for Compaq products.
The QRGs will answer some of your questions.

>From memory the PCI autodetects on the Proliant 1600, but you will have to configure any EISA boards in BIOS, BEFORE you install the boards.

Get the serial number from the machine. It is necessary when you are using the QRGs.

The serial number will be something like 1234 AA56 7890

the 1st quartet gives 	1 = factory code
			2& 3 = week of manufacture
			4 = 	year of manufacture

			AA56 = configuration code, very useful when using the QRG

			7890 = unit number in model run.

Cheers,
Bert