Re: [K12OSN] Acrobat Reader

Hi,

> which Adobe has expressed no interest in fixing.  Does Acrobat Reader
> still have that much value-add over other PDF viewers to make it worth
> using?  (AFAIK, the last browser their Linux plugin worked with was
> Netscape 4...)

Acrobat Reader works fine within Mozilla. Where didn't it work for you?

Features: afaik the search function is only in Acrobat Reader and xpdf and i
don't like the GUI of the latter very much (will be replaced in future
versions though as the programmer told me).
At least if every other program fails at a specific PDF Acrobast Reader is
worth a try.

Other programs: kghostview, gv, ggv, GSview (search function horribly slow,
non-free: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/Readme.htm#Copyright),
http://http.cs.berkeley.edu/~phelps/Multivalent/ (untested, Java)