Re: [K12OSN] Tape drive problem .......... can anyone shed some light on this???

> I still can't get my SLR7 to work on this beast.
>
> As previously mentioned, the MT command will eject the tape, but nothing else seems to work.
>
> Do I have to give Linux some parameters to recognise this drive, ie, compression ratios, block sizes, mickey mouses' current phone number?

I haven't dug into the driver source, but I thought the basic SCSI tape commands
were pretty generic. Assuming the device didn't have any physical problems
I've never had any problems with any SCSI tape drive I've tried to use.

As root, have you tried something simple, like 'tar -cvf /dev/st0 .', or
even just 'cat somefile >/dev/st0' ?

john-