Re: [K12OSN] <no subject>

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Jamie McParland wrote:

>Well our students have figured out the we are not blocking Spanish porn
>sites with our squid guard setup. Does anyone know where I can get a hold of
>a Spanish language blacklist for squid guard? Or how I would even go about
>making one?
>
>Thanks
>Jamie McParland
>Newberg Public Schools.

There are some spanish sites that are a serious problem, terra.es in
particular. A lot of the "bad" sites dump their files into random accounts
on terra.es, such as http://terra.es/personal6/vrgvrdgbregfsff/

These accounts are shutdown very quickly, by the time they are detected they
usually have been deleted or moved elsewhere. It is impossible to keep up with.
Also, since most of these accounts just have images, no text, even pro-active
heuristic filters such as Dans Guardian have trouble here.

There is also a great deal of "good" info on terra.es. If you're willing to
dump all the good stuff with the bad, you can add "terra.es" to your local
block list (/var/squidGuard/blacklists/local-block/domains).

For other sites, you can email them to filter mesd k12 or us and I'll
feed them to my robot that crawls the internet looking for similar sites.
The robot works primarily by looking at linking patterns, which are language
agnostic.

-Eric