Re: [K12OSN] mapping a drive/home dir via Samba?

k12osn redhat com writes:
>Hi David,
>
>One very easy way to do this is with Konqueror in KDE. Just enter
>something like smb://server/homes and you'll be prompted for a username
>and a password. It works very well. You could create links and shortcuts
>to common shares.
>
>There are other ways to mount smb shares with smbmount but give KDE a
>try. There should be lots of ways to take advantage of this feature in
>many schools.
>
>;-) Paul

Sounds great...is it possible to kinda' create a universal shortcut that
would point to the home dir of whoever happens to be logged on to that
session?...I'd like to put a shortcut on everyone's desktop that would
take them to their home dir (via login of course) on my E-smith box (using
the login would be fine...I just want to make it as easy as possible)

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us