Re: [K12OSN] mapping a drive/home dir via Samba?

Yes, a smb:// url would be a link or shortcut just like anyother. You
could even put this on a web page for someone to click on.

If you are using samba, then the //servername/homes share is a generic
share of the home folder. The user will be asked to supply a username
and password and then be directed to the correct folder.

;-) Paul