Re: [K12OSN] Tape drive problem .......... can anyone shed some light on this???

Bert Rolston wrote:

Retension, rewind, seek, and some other options don't seem to get a response.
I suspect some of the options won't work until there is data on the tape.

When I try using anything to write to the drive I get an I/O error.

I know you mentioned earlier in response to sommeone asking you if you had cleaned the drive that it was brand new - have you tried running the cleaning tape through it a couple of times anyway?

I ask because I saw the exact same symptoms on an older tape drive that wasn't being cleaned regularly, and was very frustrated when after several hours of pulling my hair out I ran the cleaning tape twice and it started working again.

Hope this helps,

--
Chris Hobbs       Silver Valley Unified School District
Head geek:              Technology Services Coordinator