Re: [K12OSN] mapping a drive/home dir via Samba?

> >mount -t smbfs -o user=*username*,password=*password* //server/share
> >/directory/to/mount/at
>
> sounds great, but where would I put it?  I need for this command to
> execute when a user logs in or when the server comes up.  Security is not
> a big issue for me since I'll be using it primarily in a K-8 school and
> the kids here are quite respectful of the network (only thing that has
> happened in 3 years is one mouse ball was stolen...and I caught the kid
> and he paid for a new mouse)  (we're k-8 600 kids)

It depends on how your students are logging in.  If you are using GDM,
you can call a script from /etc/X11/gdm/PreSession/Default.  A simple
C++ script that I use can be found at
http://www.levindustries.com/xterm/scripts/usr-local-bin-mntdocs.cpp.
You can see a flowchart of how it fits in exactly at
http://www.levindustries.com/xterm/.

--Josh Levine