FW: [K12OSN] Beyond awareness... moving towards migration!

Hi Warwick,

Did you get this message?

One other thing you can do is allocate menu items by group.

Here's what you do -

Assign / change group ownership to the different folders and remove world/global access

in /usr/share/applnk

/etc/x11/applnk

/usr/share/apps/kdesktop/DesktopLinks/

/usr/share/gnome/apps/

>From experience this will allow application usage by group, i.e. Games can only be accessed by members of the games group.

With folder access controlled by group, you can prevent unauthorised users from getting to these folders and changing permissions.

If anyone remembers the movie "The Principal" starring James Belushi, this school has similarities.

Cheers,
Bert