RE: [K12OSN] Turbo Pascal in Linux

Hi Kirk,

> >We still need TP7 for 3 years though, while those who started with
> >it, finish it off.

I cut my programming teeth on Pascal. Glad I did, even though I don't program.

>From memory the rationale behind Pascal was to provide a very structured language.
This forced the programmer to used good programming practices.

When I progressed to C it sure made a difference.

Is there a Pascal equivalent on Linux?

> Why? I can understand the "fierce resistance" by the computer studies
> teacher, but don't you think it is unrealistic to expect anything in the
> high technology field to be in place for long periods?

As a teaching language I can understand the desire to continue with TP7.

I've seen some real disasters produced using VB.
Bert