Re: [K12OSN] Client for Windows

On Monday 20 May 2002 12:39 pm, David Lucas wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have just installed LTSP and seem to like it.  I have a question in
> regards to allowing windows machines to connect to the terminal server (I
> know it's kind of an odd request but I see a need for it).  Not sure if it
> can be done or if there is even a client for windows.

VNC will work if you dont need to do too much, but if you want a more elegant
solution, install XFree86 on the windows boxes with Cygwin. (www.cygwin.com)
It works very smoothly, I use it every day. Once you get it installed (it is
a very quick GUI install) from a bash prompt just type:
XWin -screen 0 800 600 -query ltsp.server.address

to give you an 800x600 size screen.  Batch files and the like can make an icon
on the desktop to log in with.

Jay