RE: [K12OSN] Client for Windows

Hi Dave,

Yes you can.

You need to install SAMBA on the LTSP server, then set up the client for MS networks on the Win9x machines.

I have SAMBA emulating NT 4.0 Primary Domain Controller. The win9x boxes think they are connecting to an NT server.

I use Webmin to administer SAMBA and LTSP. It will synchronise the passwords between Linux and SAMBA.

The best refernce material I have found on SAMBA is O'Reilly's book on SAMBA. This can be accessed online.

Cheers,
Bert