Re: [K12OSN] Apache Proxy Server

I would raise your cache size to a relatively large number. Also set it to empty the cache at night that way you don't have to worry about people getting old cached pages.

John Warf

John Pilmore wrote:

I need a little input here. I have set up a test proxy unit in a building supporting about 20 PC?s. I have set the proxy server in my office so I can monitor the activity using the TAIL command. Our district is serviced by a single T1 that also services two other school districts to Micron. Needless to say things get REALLY SLOW right away. Here?s my problem, I can see the Proxy server answering the requests in the building. But as the day wears on, the requests from the Proxy server get slower and slower right along with the T1 access speed. It makes me think the Proxy server is going to the site being requested before it serves the files to the requesting workstations. Am I missing something in my conf files for the server? The Unit is a Celeron 336 with a 13gb HDD, 256mb RAM and a 3COM NIC at 100MBits. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John Pilmore

What I added to the Conf file:

#### PROXY INFO ADDED####