Re: [K12OSN] website - hardware quotes

Thanks for the info Paul and Julius.

Julius,
Sorry I'm so ignorant.  But what is xfs (besides a file system?) and do you
know why it doesn't work with Xvesa?

Paul,
Two more systems that you may consider.  I don't know if they support PXE or
BOOTP though.
Intel CPU -
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/netpc/netpc_detail.asp?model=HERA2
AMD CPU -
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/netpc/netpc_detail.asp?model=HERA

I see one vendor with these barebones systems for $139
http://www.xxera.com/hard/fcc.html#fcc_bb

Hope this helps.
Dale

> Hi Dale,
>
> We like the thinknics a lot. We're installing 65 computers and they may
> very well be a part of that solution. Some of our workstations will be
> running at higher than 1024x768 on the desktop. That rules out the
> thinknic. We've had nothing but good experiences with it in all other
> regards now that the correct xserver is configured.
>
> ;-) Paul

> From: Julius Szelagiewicz <julius turtle com>
> Subject: Re: [K12OSN] website - hardware quotes
>
> Dale,
> 	the reason is Xvesa - it doesn't allow the use of xfs and some
> websites (many, many) are essentially unreadable on thinknics. julius
> p.s. i should know - i have many of them and the users are bitching

Dale Quigg
Aspen Technology, Inc.
425.492.2385