[K12OSN] LTSP v2.0 SCSI RAID-1 ready ?

Hi,

I've been given an LTSP server to assemble.

It's got 4 UW SCSI drives in it, two 9GB ones which are identical, another 8.7 GB one
and a 5GB drive.

I'm struggling getting this thing going..

I've decided to RAID-1 (mirror) the two identical drives, put SWAP, /boot and other bitsa's on
the little (5GB drive) and leave the 8.7GB free (I might mount it as /home later on.)

So far (2 installs) I've had Grub problems (it wants to read the floppy after booting /dev/sdd0 ??)
and since I see it loading the SCSI chipset driver, I'm starting to wonder if this kernel is SCSI RAID-1
ready ?

Am I on the right track ?

any and all assistance appreciated.

TIA,