[K12OSN] Kernal Panic

Sorry to be a bore.  I am still having trouble getting older, that is 486, clients to boot into the server using disk based etherboot.  I have checked the dchpconfig file and it seems to be right, although when I specify a fixed IP address by using the MAC address of the network card this doesn’t seem to work.  Can anyone help.  Logging Pentiums on works fine.

The problem seem to be that when the kernel boots it wrongly reads the size of the RAM then tries to load things into memory that is not there.  Changing the amount of memory doesn’t help.  It reads 16K of ram as 17K and 32 K as 33K.  This eventually leads to a kerel panic.

Keith Turner

Principal

Kendal School

Burnside