Re: [K12OSN] Kernal Panic

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 08:52:05AM +1200, Keith Turner wrote:
> Sorry to be a bore.  I am still having trouble getting older, that is
> 486, clients to boot into the server using disk based etherboot.  I have
> checked the dchpconfig file and it seems to be right, although when I
> specify a fixed IP address by using the MAC address of the network card
> this doesn't seem to work.  Can anyone help.  Logging Pentiums on works
> fine.

Earlier posts on this list suggest that the latest ltps-kernel-packages are
buggy. What ltsp-kernel-package do you use?

Compiling your own kernel will also work. I have the relevant
kernel-sources and NFS-swap patches applied, so if you want a kernel,
just mail me the hardware specifications and I can compile a kernel
for you. (It saves some RAM on the clients, so if they are low on ram,
it can improve performance).

--

Hans Ekbrand