Re: [K12OSN] help: V2.0 SAMBAsecondary+NTprimary, eth1 DHCP address 192.168.0.x

Bert Rolston wrote:

Hi Steve,

Lotsa snipping...............

more snippage..

2) Then change your login script to map the SAMBA folders to the Public Html share.

It should look something like

NET USE <drive letter> \\<SAMBA SERVER NAME>\<HTML SHARE NAME>

eg. NET USE I: \\Sambasrvr\websites

This will be done on the NT server, so you will need to get the tech to help with this.

Easy Peasy.

So how will all this rock together ?

Like a hand in a glove!

Even if I break (insert K12OS box inline) the network between the windows clients and the existing NTserver ?
There won't be a path to the NTbox without going through K12OS... 8-o

hmmm. ok. not what I thought. What about the security on eth1 ? Will still smb past the irewall ?

/steve