Re: RE: [K12OSN] Client Management Software

Yes, for example...I currently use Altiris Vision for my PC lab (Win98).
I can project my screen to all users in the lab simultaneously to show
everyone how to do something...it's easier than using a projector and less
costly.  I can also control these machines, but my main interest is
broadcasting my desktop.

David Trask

k12osn redhat com writes:
>I am not sure, but I think David wants to project the teacher's screen to
>all the students, simultaneously. XMX might do that, but it's primary
>purpose, at least from my reading, is to do the opposite - be able to
>view
>multiple different desktops concurrently. VNC, I think, is also to
>"heavy"
>for the purpose....I think he needs a multi-cast, read-only display,
>without user interaction, to broadcast lessons, training, etc.
>
>Both XMX and VNC offer inter-activity as part of the equation.
>
>Not having run either, I can only go on what I read. David?? Is this the
>real requirement?
>
>Kirk

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator