RE: [K12OSN] help: V2.0 SAMBAsecondary+NTprimary, eth1 DHCP address 192.168.0.x

Hi Steve,

I'm running a single nic on my LTSP system.

It passes through the Wingate (proxy / firewall ) box to access the
internet. So I've shut all the LTSP firewall stuff down. The joy of
installing onto an existing network and keeping both systems running,
without conflicts.

I've just re-read your first message. You shouldn't need to break into the
network that way.

Just plug into the same switch as the NT box. The other thing you may want
to do is disable the DHCP server on the NT box and dish out all leases from
LTSP. You can stop the NT DHCP server without shutting down the server.

I'm not sure if this holds true for NT, but Wingate appears to issue IPs
from x.x.x.1 up. Linux DHCP appears to issue the addresses from x.x.x.254
down. That's what I've been observing on my network.

If you are using the LTSP server for firewalling as well then the other ETH
card connects to the router/ADSL. If you are using a modem it's a little
trickier (I haven't thought about this config).

Again, disable any of the NT firewalling / proxy that LTSP is replacing.

Cheers,
Bert