Re: [K12OSN] Linux on the Desktop

k12osn redhat com writes:
>We are looking at doing some pilot testing with Linux on the desktop.
>With all of the various distributions of Linux available is there one that
>is more suited for the desktop than another?  '
>
>Thanks
>Rick.
>

>From a turnkey standpoint (it has all the apps and so forth)...the K12LTSP
"Workstation" install is best if you must go that route...although I would
think that a terminal server environment is the answer.  If and when Blue
Linux comes of age...it too may be a player...the beta is impressive.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us