RE: RE: [K12OSN] Client Management Software

Hi David,

I'll talk about VNC, because tight VNC is derived from it.

VNC has two progs, a server and a viewer. To look at a remote machine you
launch the server (it seems odd but his is how ORL have done it).

To send your screen to another machine you launch the VIEWER. The other
machine must have the server running in "listen" mode. On a Win9x /NT  box
it can be run as a locked down service. The server can be configured to
accept from a single IP address, or from a range of addresses.

I have configured my Win9x boxes to run the viewer as a locked down
service, accepting only local network IP addresses, and users cannot shut
down the service.

So theoretically you would be able to run VNC and display a teacher desktop
to all classroom machines.

We have found a digital projector connected to the teacher's computer just
as effective.

Cheers,
Bert