Re: [K12OSN] DHCPD.Conf

Hi Keith,

Go ahead and send us a copy of your current dhcpd.conf file so we can
take a look at it.

First one to spot the error and post it to the list gets a free set of
K12LTSP 2.1.0 when it comes out later this week.

;-) Paul

On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 19:15, Keith Turner wrote:
> Apologies if this issue has been covered before.  Have now successfully
> installed a new kernel to use with the my clients I am able to get this
> to load to them using the dynamic allocation of IP addresses within the
> dhcpd.conf file.  When I try to specify a fixed IP address using the
> hosts lines it refuses to co-operate.  I have checked the dhcpd.leases
> file and it is empty which seem strange.  If I hash out all the dynamic
> allocation lines in the dchpd.conf and watch a client log in using tail
> -f /var/log/messages I can see the dchdp server receiving the
> DHCPDISCOVER message from the client with the same mMAC address as I
> have specified in the dhcpd.conf but getting the message no free leases
> on subnet workstations.  Finally I have set the option 128 and 129 lines
> both at the start of the file and in the host section.
>
> Apologies if this is going over old ground but it is a real issue for me
> at present.
>
> Keith Turner
> Principal
> Kendal School
> Burnside
> Christchurch 8005
> New Zealand
> Ph 64-3-358-4783
> Fax 64-3-358-4167
> principal kendal school nz

Paul Nelson................... pnelson riverdale k12 or us
Riverdale School, 11733 SW Breyman Ave, Portland, OR 97219
school (503)636-4511.....................fax (503)635-6342
Riverdale Web Page......... http://www.riverdale.k12.or.us