Re: RE: [K12OSN] Client Management Software

Thats what I thought at first too.
http://www.cs.brown.edu/software/xmx/tutorial/

If you have a look at that, it explains that this software almost creates a "meeting room" where everyone can come in and watch, and one person (or a few, if you want) has control of the display.

<snip>
Xmx provides three input modes for participants.
<snip>
When you have the Floor, your keyboard and mouse inputs control the shared applications in the virtual X session. Having the floor is like running a meeting, you're in control and everyone is watching what you do.

View mode is the exact opposite of floor mode. When a display is in view mode, the user may only watch passively what goes on in the session. All mouse and keyboard input is ignored. Think of view mode as being in the spectator's gallery.

Seat mode is inbetween floor and view modes. When a display is in seat mode, the user's mouse and keyboard input is ignored by the X clients in the shared session, just like in view mode. But an XMC client, like xmtg, can choose to see input events from displays in seat mode. Think of seat mode as being a member of some organization that is having a meeting - it gives you the right to be recognized and participate, though you are not running things at the moment.
</snip>

So, you can run class lectures, training sessions etc. with XMX. It actually looks to me like you can't see the screen of the students with XMX. The link above actually does a really good job of explaining the progam.

Hope this helps-
Jesse