Re: [K12OSN] help: DHCP NT/Linux on the same subnet

Steve,

You will need to make an entry for each workstation.  That
is, you'll need the MAC address and the IP of each workstation.

Then, you can add an entry in the dhcpd.conf file called:

   not authoritative;

That will cause the DHCP server to only respond to clients
which it knows about.  It will NOT send rejections to clients
that it doesn't know.

You can check the dhcpd.conf manpage for other options.

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org