Re: [K12OSN] help: DHCP NT/Linux on the same subnet

jam McQuil com wrote:

Steve,

You will need to make an entry for each workstation.  That
is, you'll need the MAC address and the IP of each workstation.

Thank-you Jim.

zoicks, I'd hoped I didn't have to do that. I'll whip up a little script to do it I think.

I wanted this LTSP box to stay OUT of things which didn't concern it, but now I'm
wondering what *harm* it will do, with it's DHCPd going into business alongside
the existing windows DHCPd.

Will *two* competing DHCPd's cause any _problems_ for the windows network ?

I ask this 'cause I'm walking a bit of a fine line here, and I have shown the sysadmin
which UTP cable to pull if there are *any* problems. Whew..

Hope your day is going well.

regards,
Steve