Re: [K12OSN] help: DHCP NT/Linux on the same subnet

Bert Rolston wrote:

Hi Steve,

Bert here.

As I've mentioned. I have two DHCP servers running without any issues.

I know another site in Wanganui that deliberately does this. Apparently the first DHCP server to issue respond issues the IP. Therefore a workstation may get it's IP address from different DHCP servers each time it logs in. BTW it's all NT and 2000.

We have run into issues where our PROXY / DHCP server falls over. Then the iMacs can't log in, and people can't access the 'Net.

Hi Bert, gee I hoped you'd be around.. /me relieved.

HOW do you guys make sure NTs DHCPd doesn't respond first with an IP ?

As far as I can tell, this will stop an LTSP client booting ??

/sw