Re: [K12OSN] Microsoft DHCP

Darn, I would have to open my big mouth.

Well, it isn't entirely obvious in the book how to
make this work, but Etherboot bootroms have
a Vendor Class identifier string that is
13 bytes.  It is of the form:

  'Etherboot-5.0'

In W2k DHCP, you can setup scopes based on Vendor classes,
so I assume that you could make the dhcp server recognize the
Etherboot vendor class.  Once you do that, there may be a way
to tell it NOT to hand out an address.

I don't have access to a w2k server right now, so I can't
even look at the screens to see what options are there.

You can also compile Etherboot to only listen to replies
that come back from certain DHCP servers, therefore, even
if the w2k server replies, Etherboot could flat out ignore it.

Anyway,  that's about all the w2k advice I can handle for
one night.

Good luck,

Jim McQuillan
jam Ltsp org