[K12OSN] Fonts in StarOffice and KDE

The message below came to me from another TC in my state....can anyone
help us out?

Thanks....David Trask
*************************************************************************************************************

Contributed by jholt sad61 k12 me us:

any ideas about this?

Linux Suse 8 / KDE desktop with StarOffice   font is not WISWIG  On screen
font looks grainy and distorted but prints fine.

Changing the font to bold solves the problem on screen but then prints in
bold

Same on three different installs all are different boxes.

I await the group wisdom on this.

Cheers, Jerry Holt

Technology Coordinator
MSAD 61