[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [K12OSN] Connection question - Server and Client

Most switches (and hubs) now have an "uplink" port on them, which is nothing more than one of the regular ports wired as a cross-over. If you are using this port, you do not have the use of the adjacent port, as it is the same port, wired straight. In this way, you can just use patch cables for everything.


At 09:35 AM 5/30/2002, you wrote:
> You may want to check you facts.  Some older hubs/switches are not smart
> enough to be plugged in to link each other up without a crossover cable.
> Donavon Lockett  Comptia Certified A+
> Ocosta School District
> Westport Wa.
OK -- I know that you use a crossover to link two switches together (in fact,
I didn't know that it had changed recently), but the original question was
about connecting his computers to the hub/switch after he bought one.  As far
as I know (no A+ cert) that still is a no go.

K12OSN mailing list
K12OSN redhat com
For more info see <http://www.k12os.org>

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]