[K12OSN] Renaissance Learning

All,
I'm not a member of the school community and I couldn't put up with
school politics. I'm a small businessman that has decided to do what I
can to promote the use of Linux/LTSP is schools.
It seem this application(s) is key to using linux in many school
districts. It also seems reasonable that the manufacturer would be
interested if sufficient demand existed. It also seems like manually
tabulating schools from message digests is "stone age". How difficult
could it be to write a small web app that collected
school/administrator/student information into a database. it also seems
reasonable that the manufacturer, in his own self interest, might
collect that info on his own web site or some one with visibility might
host this survey for the sake of LTSP. If I had a website, I'd host it.
Most importantly, as many interested parties as possible should be
contacted(mass email) re the above "web petition" and linked to the
appropriate web site to fill out the petition. Treat it as a "chain"
letter and no telling how many schools could be enlisted to fill it out.
That's how you get the manufacturer to notice the movement to Linux.

Amen,

Rick Barnich