Re: [K12OSN] Connection question - Server and Client

Hi Daniel and all guys,

Thanks to all of you for your information.

Sorry, I am a little bid confused in reading the threads. My question can be summarized in following points.

1) Direct connection, Server and Client, for experimental only in setup a Server and Client : - a crossover cable can achieve this target as advised.

2) Can the same cable be used to link the hub/switch to the Server or Client ??

3) What is the difference in wire connection between a crossover cable and a patch cable. Where can I find their connection drawings ??

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Liu