[K12OSN] Booting question

Hi All Guys,

I have an obsolete PC which can't boot from CD.

I got a simple question which answer is dim in my recollection. How to make a boot diskette to bootup the PC, as the early version Linux, for installation so that CD Rom can be recognized. Can I use the boot diskette (rescue diskette) from another Linux box for booting ???

Thanks in a advance.

Stephen Liu