Re: [K12OSN] Connection question - Server and Client

http://www.duxcw.com/digest/Howto/network/cable/cable5.htm
http://www.makeitsimple.com/how-to/dyi_crossover.htm
http://www.johnscloset.net/wiring/crossover.html
http://www.johnscloset.net/wiring/
http://www.littlewhitedog.com/reviews_other_00009.asp
http://www.wtvi.com/teks/exchange/crossovercable.html
http://www.nullmodem.com/10BaseT-Crossover.htm
http://www.homenethelp.com/web/explain/about-ethernet-crossover.asp

I figured these sites put crossover cables in better english than i would be able to

these should explain it all for you

Adam J. Melancon

----Original Message Follows---- From: Stephen Liu <satimis writeme com> Reply-To: k12osn redhat com To: k12osn redhat com Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Connection question - Server and Client Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 10:05:45 +0800

Hi Daniel and all guys,

Thanks to all of you for your information.

Sorry, I am a little bid confused in reading the threads. My question can be summarized in following points.

1) Direct connection, Server and Client, for experimental only in setup a Server and Client : - a crossover cable can achieve this target as advised.

2) Can the same cable be used to link the hub/switch to the Server or Client ??

3) What is the difference in wire connection between a crossover cable and a patch cable. Where can I find their connection drawings ??

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Liu