Re: [K12OSN] The newly installed server can't shutdown automatically.

Hi Eric

At 09:27 PM 2002/5/30 -0700, you wrote:
Did you do a default install, or did you pick a custom install? Just
curious since I can't replicate the missing dependancies you list below.
But this shouldn't have anything to do with your power management issue...

I did a default installation

First things first, is power management turned on in the BIOS?

I don't think there is anything about the BIOS. I have another hard disc running RH7.3 in the same computer. It works fine in shutdown without problem.

Second, run these commands:

        /sbin/chkconfig apmd on
        /sbin/service apmd start

I tried above but unfortunate it could not solve the problem. What is the command 'apmd' used for

Thanks in advance.

Stephen