[K12OSN] K12LTSP at CASBO conference

Richard K. Ingalls ringalls at glenwood.k12.mo.us
Tue Apr 6 13:48:31 UTC 2004

Chris Hobbs wrote:
> Thanks to the hardwork of some compatriots from a nearby district, they
> and I will be setting up a K12LTSP based e-mail garden/demo lab at the
> California Association of School Business Officials Annual Conference in
> Sacramento next week.
>
> We haven't had a chance to sit and discuss exactly how the operation
> will work, but I have some ideas and welcome yours as well.
>
> Since the majority of the folks coming through and seeing the lab are
> going to be non-technical school district decision makers, I figure a
> one page flyer professionally designed will be useful to get the key
> points of K12LTSP across (do any exist already?). I also assume/hope
> we'll have the ability to do some quick 5 minute demos on an ad hoc
> basis - what would you show off if you only had 5 minutes with a CBO or
> superintendent?
>
> I know others have done similar things before, so I'm hoping to get some
> good ideas from all of you!

Well I created a brochure to try and generate some consulting business
for myself this summer and next year.  It outlines the benefits of
K12LTSP for schools.  Maybe you could take it, modify it and use it?
ALSO, I think you'll want to include the OpenOffice.org brochure.

You can find these both on my page here...

http://glenwood.k12.mo.us/k12ltsp.htm

Good luck.

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
  for that which he cannot lose."
  -- Jim Elliott

RICHARD K. INGALLS
Director of Information Technology
Glenwood R-8 School District
West Plains, MO

email..ringalls (at) glenwood.k12.mo.us
web....http://glenwood.k12.mo.us
ph.....417.256.4849
fax....417.257.2567

"Miracles are a retelling in small letters
  of the very same story which is written across
  the whole world in letters too large
  for some of us to see."
  -- C. S. Lewis