[K12OSN] Drive copy utils... Linux Mobile Lab

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Apr 8 18:32:57 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 12:48, Dan Young wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 10:33, Les Mikesell wrote:
> > I'm not sure what this does to the XP license mechanism. It will break
> > win2k's SSID mechanism if you are using a domain since every machine is
> > supposed to have a unique ssid.
>
> Sysprep is the tool to reset SIDs.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/itpro/deploying/introduction.asp
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/itpro/deploying/duplication.asp

OK, then add running that on the master machine before dd'ing the
master image off to the earlier instructions.  Also note that the
disk drives have to be exactly the same for a dd of the whole drive
to work but it takes care of the boot loader which can be a problem
using partition tools.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com