[K12OSN] Hi

Les Bell lesbell at lesbell.com.au
Sat Apr 10 23:53:39 UTC 2004

Andy Rabagliati <andyr at wizzy.com> wrote:

Les, my mail client does not mark your quoting nicely. Can you use
regular quoting ?
<<

I can't, sorry.

Remember, a bunch of spoofed Received: lines often appear before the
real one with dedicated spammers. The one at the top is correct, and
a certain number down from there, but not necessarily all.
<<

The spoofed Received: lines will be before in time, but after on the
screen, if you get what I mean. The discontinuity in the path of the email
is not always obvious, which is why it's handy to use tools like Spamcop
(http://www.spamcop.net) to process the headers - it does a pretty fair job
of matching each line with the one below and spotting where the spoofed
lines start.

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]