[K12OSN] SME, K12LTSP, and NFS

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Apr 13 23:36:26 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 18:05, David Trask wrote:
> Ok Les and all,
>
> I'm a step closer....I found a stupid mistake in my fstab on the client
> where intead of 10.0.6.20 I had 10.0.6.2....so now instead of connection
> refused...I get a new message when doing   mount -a
>
> mount:  RPC:    Program not registered

Try 'showmount -e 10.0.6.2' from the client.  It sounds like mountd
isn't running on the server.  If you have a stock redhat system with
nfs, compare the /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs script to the one you installed
on the sme server and make sure that all of the processes start that
are supposed to.  You might need to restart nfs after changing the
hosts.allow file too.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com