[K12OSN] MySQL installation

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Apr 15 18:00:47 UTC 2004

I see nobody has responded yet, and I am no expert, but here is what I
think I know.

In my experience MySQL has its own set of users independent of the OS.
Each user is assigned by Database administrators manually and the
permissions for each user are individually assigned to each database,
table, etc.  In my opinion I wouldn't think that you could give a
separate instance of MySQL to each individual user with full control
over it and have it reside in their user folder just because of how it
is structured and handles permissions.  I may of course be way out of
line with my answer.  Good luck.