[K12OSN] proc maxed out

Terrell Prude', Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Fri Apr 16 01:13:22 UTC 2004

I've got a Pentium 4, 2.4GHz stand-alone workstation running K12LTSP.
I've seen my workstation's CPU peg when I'm printing large PDF's (not
PS, but PDF).  It's most prevalent when printing from KDE's built-in PDF
reader (I think it still has some bugs), but I've also seen high CPU
usage when printing PDF's from plain, vanilla gv or xpdf.  Is your
K12LTSP box also configured to act as a print server, and if so, are
users printing out complex graphics, PDF's, or anything else like that?

--TP