[ok-mail] [K12OSN] Scalability (long email)

John Hansknecht jhansknecht at hanstech.com
Sat Apr 17 20:15:14 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 16:41, norbert wrote:
> Has anyone setup rdesktop with linux on 20 + workstations ? (With
> Win2K) and what specs are needed for the Win2K server to handle the
> load.
> We've setup a P-II 500 Mhz with 512mb ram and can barely launch 3
> connections. The response is incrediblly SLOW....

Norbert,

We have a dual 800MHz Xeon with 4GB ram running Windows 2003 server and
have connected 25 rdesktop connections running Web Matrix (an freeware
ASP development tool) simultaneously without problem.

--

Thanks,

John Hansknecht

"I would like to be able to love my country and justice too."
			Albert Camus