[K12OSN] Minimum specs for firewall/filter

Jim Hays haysja at sages.us
Thu Apr 22 15:06:23 UTC 2004

We are replacing all of our SME filters with IPCop machines with
DansGuardian added.  Have you considered IPCop instead of SME?  I love
SME for a web server and an email server.  I think IPCop might be a
better choice for firewall/filter, though.

We are using 1 Ghz Celerons with 256 MB RAM.  More machine that is
needed for this, but it is what I have.