[K12OSN] Student problem

Terrell Prude', Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Wed Apr 28 12:29:34 UTC 2004

I agree; don't give her, or anyone else, root if at all possible to
avoid.  However, perhaps you could set permissions on it such that she's
in the right group for read-only access to that file.  Then she can look
at it to her heart's content.

A point here worth mentioning.  She may or may not like it, but in order
to use technology in any time period, including the early 21st Century,
folks have to learn something about how the tool works.  That includes
driving, sewing, learning that Mac or Windows box she may have, and how
to teach.  It may help to have her principal backing you on this; there
are some principals that, believe it or not, do not automatically
despise IT folks.

--TP