[K12OSN] Hopefully the last permission question

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Apr 29 17:56:12 UTC 2004

Okay, if I set a cron to run:
chown -R teacher1 /home/Drop/Teacher1
This does what I want.  Only problem now is creating a cron for every
teachers drop folder.  How would I write a cron that will run on
/home/Drop and look at the owner of folder TeacherX and automatically
recursively set any files under that folder with the owner of the
enclosing folder?  Does that make sense?  That way if Teacher1 is owned
by user Teacher1 the cron will figure that out and substitute this in,
or if Teacher2 is owned by Teacher2, you get the point.  Can one enter a
variable for owner?  Or do I just have to buck-up and write one for
every teacher drop created?