[K12OSN] No flames: Why use M$ offerings?

"Leonardo Gonçalves de Ulhôa Jr." leojr at fic.com.br
Fri Apr 30 12:03:59 UTC 2004

Gavin Chester escreveu:

>On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 08:16, Sudev Barar wrote:
>

>>Accidentally by leaving show all headers option I discover many ardent
>>K12LTSP supporters using M$ mail clients .... ahemmmmm .... practise
>>what we preach? Even if you are using OS environment that is beyond your
>>control FLOSS / Free mail clients could be a way of showing your
>>support.
>>As I said no flames please.
>>--
>>Sudev Barar
>>Learning Linux
>>

>Burn, burn burn, that flaming ring of fire ...
>
>Seriously, I agree but have kept quiet about that matter.  I guess we
>hope that by being on this list those offenders are at least aware and
>transitioning from Windows.  No?
>
>FAR more frustrating for me is use of html mail by many.  Do you people
>know how long it takes just to open your email when I'm scrolling
>through the postings?  Spare a thought for dial-up users and forget the
>html - who needs coloured text and bold, anyway?  That'll bring the
>flames ;-)

    I agree with you , but you should consider the fact that many people
here are beginners or have to use this M$ stuf in their work enviroment.
Here in my work, I have to use  a Ms Windows 2000  machine , but at
least  my e-mail client is Mozilla Thunderbird  :  -  )
Html mail is  a pain and the worst thing about it is that it may bring a
lot of problems to companies who use it, specially if it works with M$
products..The admins here are trying to convince people not to use it ,
but its very dificult, because many think its a lack of stile to use
single text e-mails : - (

Leonardo Jr.